Rocky Mountain Supply (RMSI) is always looking to grow our team with passionate and hardworking people. Our stores cover a wide variety of offerings and disciplines, and because of that we are offering many opportunities for those who are looking to join a well-established company who truly cares about its employees.
RMSI is an equal opportunity employer.
Ascentis (Current Employees Only)
Ascentis Dashboard >
Agronomy Tender Truck Driver
Reports To: Agronomy Operations Manager
Position Objective: This position is for Belgrade. Drive a variety of commercial trucks and fertilizer application equipment. Load and deliver fertilizer, chemical and seed. Load and operate fertilizer application equipment. Maintain the equipment assigned to them.
Interested parties should email resume to lukeneal(at)rmsi(dot)coop
- Specific Duties:
- Be able and ready to drive and operate a variety of fertilizer applicators, fertilizer tenders, forklift and skid steer.
- Be able and prepared to operate a fertilizer bagger and stack fertilizer.
- Maintain the Operational Integrity of Vehicles:
- Keep vehicles cleaned & washed inside and out.
- Keep vehicles in a good state of repair, serviced either by the operator or professionally.
- Do all minor maintenance and repairs, let the Operations Manager know when more extensive repairs need to be made.
- Maintain safety equipment supplied for vehicles, fire extinguishers, highway triangles, first aid kit.
- Write-up any accidents or mishaps and report to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure vehicles have the proper permits, registration, insurance cards and annual inspections.
- Complete the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report daily for the vehicle/vehicles operated.
- Maintain Agronomy Facilities:
- Watch for and report minor issue in and around the agronomy buildings and outbuildings. Pick up garbage and trash when you see it, keep company grounds clean.
Report need for major repairs and/or need of a professional service for those repairs to the Operations Manager.
- Customer Service:
- Be able to apply/deliver agronomy products (fertilizer, pesticides, and seed) to the patrons liking, following specific instructions given by the client.
- Always be friendly and respectful of the patron.
- Skills Necessary for Job Performance:
- Able to drive small or large fertilizer delivery trucks and fertilizer application equipment.
- Be able to work overtime and weekends.
- Be able to work in and out of trucks, loading/off-loading product and equipment.
- Be able to climb and work safely on top of delivery trucks and fertilizer applicators.
- Be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Be able to drive year-round in all weather conditions.
- Have the ability to think clearly.
- Personal Attributes Desired:
- Have a friendly disposition and a good attitude; be service oriented; neat, clean, honest and able to work with a variety of other employees, including supervisors.
- Be company oriented, willing to go the extra mile for the whole company and its patrons.
- Use common courtesy when dealing with customers or with company personnel.
- Be able to meet and take directions from customers when delivering agronomy products.
- Experience and Licensing Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of CDL experience is required.
- Farm experience is desired.
- Be fully licensed: requires a Class A or B license with air brakes, tanker endorsement is preferred but not required.
- Have a clean driving record: No serious offenses within the past 3 years.
- Have a current CDL Medical Card.
- Be capable of determining load ratios for trucks.
- Be capable of operating within the Montana Department of Transportation rules and regulations including but not limited to: Posted speed limits, traffic signs and seat belt law.